Kirk House Award Winning Granola
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsulphered molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- (Pumpkin seeds may also be added)
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Microwave 1 ½ minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a very large bowl or pot. Stir in microwaved mixture and mix well.
- Spray two baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Divide mixture in half. Spread on prepared baking sheets in an even layer. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Stir mixture and spread evenly again. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Do no over cook.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Crumble and store in airtight container. Makes 8 cups.